About our project

Year 4 are taking part in a spectacular project of a lifetime! It is called “Ring Around the World” and it is a huge children’s opera that celebrates the London 2012 Olympics. Over 200 London schools will be taking part in the performances. The shows form part of the cultural olympiad.

We have an important role to perform. Firstly we will be singing some of the songs that have been specially composed for this event but more importantly we will be working closely with professional artists from English Pocket Opera Company to compose a song and create a dance inspired by the music and traditions from 2 different countries.

That is where this blog comes in. We are going to use it in several different ways.

1. To help us research our chosen countries. We will be encouraging visitors to leave us comments telling us about their experiences of the countries we are studying.

2. The blog will help us keep a record of our learning. We are going to ask the professional artists who are working with us to follow our progress when we are back at school.

3. It will allow our audience to give us feedback on our performance!

We are really looking forward to reading your kind and helpful comments!

Lots of people have asked to see the artwork post. It is on the home page but if you click here you will find it!

50 thoughts on “About our project

1. To the heroic champions of Mauritania and Anguilla!
    Hope you got back OK after the show. Just a note from all of us at EPOC to say an ENORMOUS thank you for your fantastic work at the Unicorn Theatre. We greatly enjoyed working with you – everyone in the theatre commented on your professionalism and your good behaviour. We loved your song and dance – the words, your T-shirts, the music and the way you performed it. We thought it was wonderful. We know that you have learned lots about Mauritania and Anguilla. As soon as possible we will put your song up on the Music Pages of the Ring Round the World website and as soon as we hear that the DVD of your performance becomes available we will let you know. Thank you also to your teachers and everyone from your school who helped you with your performance and got you to the theatre. If you have any work that you have done – pictures, poems, photos etc – that you would like us to share with other schools on the website send them to me. Meanwhile, all the best with your studies, enjoy the Olympics and good luck to the athletes from Mauritania and Anguilla in the Games!

From Mark, Aneta, Liz, Paul C, Paul T, Clare, Rae, Rudy and all the members of the crew and band.
    If you are interested there is a DVD of the show that parents can buy for £9.75 (+P&P) from http://www.allmediaworks.co.uk. Enter the codes EPOC12UNICORN and follow instructions from there.

2. I really enjoyed the performance on thursday my parents can’t wait to see my performace and they finally made their way to central London and the Unicorn theatre.

• yeah it is i really like dig deep by 4m and 4s

3. I heard that 4s is doing a dance about Anguilla and 4m is singing about Mauritania,i am looking foward to that.

4. wow……………………………………………………………………………………………….

• I want authors who are happy to write about the project. If you have an idea for writing a post I am happy to make you a blogger.

• You need to be on the home page. Scroll down to the bottom. You may have to click on a link saying ” older posts” . Let me know if you find it.

• Thank you for sharing that with me Johnjoe. It makes me EXTREMELY happy to hear that my lessons cheer you up 🙂

• On the home page Priyanka. You might have to scroll down a bit. Will you tell me if you find it?

• Click on the word home and scroll down to the bottom. Click where it says older posts and keep scrolling down til you get to the heading “take a look at this”. Please tell me if you find it!

• OFCORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!